Low Side, High Bandwidth Current Amp and Fault Detection for Solar Inverters Reference Design
This reference design provides a solution for an accurate shunt-based current measurement on the low side with an integrated fault-detection feature. It consists of a current sense amplifier which supports current sensing for a high bandwidth. The fault detection feature allows detection of undercurrent and overcurrent faults. The design provides a performance comparison between shunt-based current sensing and current sensing using a hall sensor.
- Shunt based low side current sensing system with negative common mode support
- Compact system for current sensing
- High bandwidth current sensing of up to 400kHz
- Bidirectional current sensing support
- Integrated undercurrent and overcurrent detection with less than 1µs response time
- Less than 0.3% error in measurement for complete DC current range (-3A to 15A)
- Air Circuit Breaker (ACB)
- Aircraft cockpit display
- Automotive test
- Battery energy storage system
- Battery test
- Full authority digital engine control (FADEC)
- Global positioning system receiver
- Interconnect/distribution box
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Single phase string inverter
- Source measurement unit (SMU)
- Three Phase String Inverter
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Reference design overview and verified performance test data
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Detailed overview of design layout for component placement
Files used for 3D models or 2D drawings of IC components
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
PCB layer plot file used for generating PCB design layout
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
SN74LVC1G17 — Single 1.65-V to 5.5-V buffer with Schmitt-Trigger inputsData sheet: PDF | HTML
|*||Design guide||Reference Design for Low-Side, High-Bandwidth Current Amp and Error Detection||Jul. 10, 2018|
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.