Compact Programmable 4-20mA and +/-10V Analog Output Reference Design for AC/Servo Drives
This reference design realizes a small form factor, two channel configurable analog voltage and current output module for AC inverter and servo drives. The integrated industrial output driver: XTR305 offers a compact size when compared to using multiple opamps along with passive components. The output can be programmed to either ±10V or 4mA to 20mA through the host MCU, such as a C2000™ MCU, or manually configured using jumpers. Error flags and output load monitoring capability enable a robust design. The same channel can also be configured as an analog input of ±10V or 4mA to 20mA. The interface fits the C2000 LaunchPad™ Development Kit.
- 2 single ended programmable analog voltage/current output or voltage input
- Accurate +/-10V voltage and 0-20mA current output with <0.1% typical calibrated error across temperature range -40C to 85C
- +/-10V analog input with <1% typical calibrated error. 4-20mA current input has to be converted into voltage by using external 500ohm resistor
- Protection, diagnostic and monitoring features:
- Robust short circuit current limited output along with short- and open circuit fault detection with MCU feedback
- Output load monitoring enable predictive maintenance
- High EMC Immunity: Meets IEC61800-3 EMC immunity requirements for 4kV ESD, 2kV EFT and 1kV surge at criterion A
- Host MCU interface supports both analog DAC input signal and PWM input signal
- AC drive control module
- AC input HVAC motor control
- AC-input BLDC motor drive
- AC-input closed loop stepper
- Advanced custom controlled BLDC drive (<60V)
- DC analog input/output module
- DC input HVAC motor control
- DC-input closed loop stepper
- Railway electric propulsion system
- Refrigerant leak detector
- Servo drive control module
- System controller
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Reference design overview and verified performance test data
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Detailed overview of design layout for component placement
Files used for 3D models or 2D drawings of IC components
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
PCB layer plot file used for generating PCB design layout
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
|*||Design guide||Compact Programmable 4-mA to 20-mA and ±10-V Analog Output Reference Design||Jul. 02, 2018|
Related design resources
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.