The TIDA-050027 reference design is a power distribution solution for Television (TV) platforms. By providing a configuration that emulates common voltage rails and peripherals, this design can be used as a reference design across multiple TV power architectures including LCD and OLED TV. On the input an eFuse is used for short circuit protection, while the high efficiency buck converters provide the necessary power for the core rail, always-on rails, and peripheral rails. Furthermore, for certain peripherals low IQ lowdropout regulators (LDO) provide clean digital power rails. In addition to these power components load switches control the voltage with controlled slew rates to allow for power sequencing and power savings. Additionally integrated load switches provide self protection while reducing BOM count and solution size.
- Fully-featured power tree for common TV rails allow for appropriate selection of load switches, buck converters, and LDOs in system design
- High efficiency buck converters with fast transient response and reduced BOM count for smaller solution size
- Integrated protection features improve reliability for longer system lifetime
- Switching OFF unused loads results in higher system efficiency and lower standby current
- Load switches offer smaller solution size and lower component count when compared to discrete FET solutions