This TI reference design showcases a Type-3, Class 6, 51-W active clamp forward converter for powered devices (PD) through PoE. The TPS23730 PD controller provides detection and classification while also containing a PWM controller. This design takes in a 37-V to 57-V PoE input, and outputs a 5-V rail for applications such as IP network cameras and wireless access points.
- IEEE802.3bt Type 3 compliant PoE PD
- Integrated PWM controller for flyback or active clamp forward congifuration
- Frequency dithering for EMI reduction
- Soft-start control with advanced startup and hiccup mode overload protection
- Automatic maintain power signature (MPS)
- Soft-stop shutdown