This reference design demonstrates a motor control solution for spinning medium voltage three-phase brushless DC (BLDC) and brushless AC (BLAC) motors- often referred to as permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM) - featuring the C2000™ InstaSPIN™ TMS320F28069M microcontroller and the DRV8312 3-phase motor driver. The reference design features InstaSPIN-FOC field oriented control technology and InstaSPIN-MOTION speed and position control technology. With Texas Instruments’ InstaSPIN technologies, designers of all skill levels can implement a high-performance, power efficient, cost-effective, sensorless field-oriented control platform with robust movement capabilities. Applications include sub-50V and 3.5A synchronous motors for driving pumps, gates, lifts, fans, as well as both industrial and consumer robotics and automation.
- Three phase motor inverter supporting up to 50V and 3.5A (continuous), great for spinning medium voltage motors
- Sensorless motor control implemented via InstaSPIN™ field oriented control technology, included with the C2000™ InstaSPIN™ TMS320F28069M microcontroller
- Accelerate, position, and plan advanced movements with included InstaSPIN-MOTION technology on the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28069M microcontroller
- Spin brushless DC (BLDC) and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM)—or brushless AC (BLAC) motors
- Fully-functional evaluation board includes NEMA17 55W Motor, operating software, hardware design files, quick start graphical interface and step-by-step documentation
NOTE: Software and documentation for this board can be found inside the Motorware™ software package. Download Motorware at ti.com/Motorware. Once installed, navigate to Resources -> DRV 8301 Drive.