The TMP114EVM allows users to evaluate the performance of the TMP114 digital temperature sensor. The evaluation module (EVM) comes in a USB-stick form factor, with an onboard MSP430F5528 microcontroller that interfaces with both the host computer and the TMP114 device using an I2C interface.
The module is designed with perforations between the sensor and host controller on the EVM board. The perforation allows for flexibility in the evaluation:
- The user can connect the TMP114 to the user's system / host.
- The user can connect the EVM host and software to the user's system with TMP114 devices.
- Small individual boards allow the user to place sensors in the system.
- Hole spacing is compatible with common 0.1-inch prototyping breadboards.
- GUI (graphical user interface) for simple and fast setup
- Perforated PCB (printed circuit board) allows sensors to be placed in user’s system
- Example of PCB layout for fast thermal response time
- Simple USB interface