TPS51116 Memory Power Solution, Synchronous Buck Controller Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the TPS51116 (Rev. A)
(PDF 521 KB)
12 Nov 2008
The TPS51116EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a dual-output converter for DDR and DDRII memory modules. It uses a 10 A synchronous buck converter to provide the core voltage (VDDQ) for DDR memory modules. The EVM is designed to use a 4.5 V to 28 V supply voltage and a 4.75 V to 5.25 V controller bias supply. This allows the EVM to start up from a single 5 V supply or operate from a wide range of supply voltages with low power 5 V bias supply. The TPS51116EVM provides several jumpers and switches to allow the user to evaluate all of the TPS51116's configurations including lossless RDS(on) or resistive current sensing, current mode or D-CAP™ semi-hysteretic operation, DDR or DDRII voltage standards and the S3 and S5 sleep states.
- Up to 85% efficiency on the VDDQ switching regulator output
- Dual switching regulator / LDO output for both DDR core and termination voltages
- ± 3 A sink/source termination voltage LDO regulator
- 10 mA termination reference voltage for DDR input reference
- User selectable DDR and DDRII or externally referenced supply voltages
- User selectable switching regulator or external supply source for LDO termination regulator
- Switches available for testing S3 and S5 sleep states