The TSW12D1620EVM-CVAL is a 1.5-GHz wideband receiver evaluation module (EVM) that includes ceramic engineering models of the amplifier, analog-to-digital converter (ADC), clocking, temperature sensor, microcontroller, and power solution. The board is best suited for digitizing IF/RF frequencies from near DC to 1.5 GHz.
The analog input path has the option of utilizing the 6.5-GHz LMH5401-SP as a single-ended-to-differential gain block, or bypassing the amplifier and driving the ADC with a differential signal. The amplifier is followed by the 12-bit, dual 1.6-GSPS or single 3.2-GSPS ADC12D1620QML-SP. These high-performance components are supported by the necessary power, microcontroller, and temperature-sensor devices.
All primary devices included in the TSW12D1620EVM-CVAL are available in ceramic space grade. The EVM is directly supported by the TSW14DL3200EVM LVDS capture card (sold separately) and high-speed data converter pro software (DATACONVERTERPRO-SW) GUI.
ADC-WB-BB or ADC-LD-BB balun boards can also be used an external method for converting single to differential to drive the differential ADC inputs.
TSW12D1620EVM-CVAL and TSW14DL3200EVM, in combination with the TSW12D1620EVM-CVAL GUI and DATACONVERTERPRO-SW, provide a complete system for RF signal sampling and data analysis.
- Complete TI space-rated signal-chain and power wideband receiver solution
- Wideband ADC12D1620QML-SP (12-bit, dual 3.2 GSPS or single 6.4 GSPS)
- Wideband fully-differential amplifier LMH5401-SP (6.5-GHz bandwidth)
- Remote-diode ADC temperature-monitoring TMP461-SP
- Power management (TPS50601A-SP, TPS7A4501-SP, TPS7H1101A-SP)
- Microcontroller MSP430FR5969-SP