Select a version
Bluetooth Plug-in for SimpleLink™ MCU SDK
Select a version
Windows Installer for SimpleLink SDK BLE Plugin
macOS Installer for SimpleLink SDK BLE Plugin
Linux Installer for SimpleLink SDK BLE Plugin
Arm Cortex-M4 MCUs
- This version of the SimpleLink Bluetooth Plugin now enables a BLE two-chip solution to act as a GAP Central role. Previous versions of this plugin only included support for GAP Peripheral role. This new functionality is showcased through the addition of the new simple_central example, which uses the MSP432E401Y as the Host device and the CC26x2R1 as the NWP. The simple_central example demonstrates the following features:
- Host: MSP432E401Y
- NWP: CC26X2R1
- GAP Central role support
- Host Controller Interface (HCI) protocol used for communication with the NWP
- BLE5 support
- Power management
- Low Energy Secure Connection (LESC) Pairing
- Tested with up to 4 peripherals connected simultaneously (but can support more than 4 connections)
- Supports a subset of TI Vendor Specific HCI commands and Bluetooth LE HCI commands/events. More information on these APIs can be found BLE Vendor Specific API Guide.
- Works out-of-box with the Sensors BoosterPack and Project Zero examples that are also in the SimpleLink SDK Bluetooth Plugin.
- The GAP Central source code is also showcased in a separate downloadable: the SimpleLink BLE Plugin Azure Gateway Example Pack. This example pack demonstrates enabling a user’s BLE two-chip solution to become a gateway to the Azure IoT cloud. The SimpleLink BLE Plugin Azure Gateway Example Pack can be found on www.ti.com.
The SimpleLink™ SDK BLE Plugin is a companion software package that enables the use of a Bluetooth radio on any standard MSP432P4 platform, MSP432E4 or CC32XX platform, and enables this two-chip solution to act as either a GAP Peripheral role or a GAP Central role. By having the ability to seamlessly and modularly add Bluetooth functionality (more specifically Bluetooth Low Energy/BLE) to an embedded system, a programmer can enable their embedded device to become a gateway to various IOT infrastructures.
For examples demonstrating the two-chip solution in a peripheral role, the plugin leverages the use of the TI Simple Application Processor (SAP) driver connected to a CC26xx Simple Network Processor (SNP) to provide a highly customizable hardware configuration. For software connectivity between the SAP and the SNP, an architecture agnostic HAL/Drivers layer is used to promote software portability and maximize collateral reuse.
For examples demonstrating the two-chip solution in a central role, communication between the NWP and the Host occurs through a UART serial interface using the Host Controller Interface (HCI) protocol. TI Vendor Specific HCI commands and a limited subset of Bluetooth LE HCI commands/events to implement a Bluetooth application. By using TI Vendor Specific commands and events, the application can communicate with and access the BLE stack.