The SimpleLink™ CC2642R device is a 2.4 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) supporting Bluetooth® 5.1 Low Energy and Proprietary 2.4 GHz applications. The device is optimized for low-power wireless communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, asset tracking, medical, wired networking, portable electronics, home theater & entertainment, and connected peripherals markets markets, and applications where industrial performance is required. The highlighted features of this device include:
- Support for Bluetooth® 5.1 features: LE Coded PHYs (Long Range), LE 2-Mbit PHY (High Speed), Advertising Extensions, Multiple Advertisement Sets, CSA#2, as well as backwards compatibility and support for key features from the Bluetooth® 4.2 and earlier Low Energy specifications.
- Fully-qualified Bluetooth® 5.1 software protocol stack included with the SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Longer battery life wireless applications with low standby current of 0.94 µA with full RAM retention.
- Industrial temperature ready with lowest standby current of 11 µA at 105 ⁰C.
- Advanced sensing with a programmable, autonomous ultra-low power Sensor Controller CPU with fast wake-up capability. As an example, the sensor controller is capable of 1-Hz ADC sampling at 1 µA system current.
- Low SER (Soft Error Rate) FIT (Failure-in-time) for long operation lifetime with no disruption for industrial markets with always-on SRAM parity against corruption due to potential radiation events.
- Dedicated software controlled radio controller (Arm® Cortex®-M0) providing flexible low-power RF transceiver capability to support multiple physical layers and RF standards, such as real-time localization (RTLS) technologies.
- Excellent radio sensitivity and robustness (selectivity and blocking) performance for Bluetooth® Low Energy (-105 dBm for 125-kbps LE Coded PHY).
The CC2642R device is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform, which consists of
Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, Zigbee, Sub-1 GHz MCUs, and host MCUs that all share a common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink™ platform enables you to add any combination of the portfolio’s devices into your design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when your design requirements change. For more information, visit SimpleLink™ MCU platform.