The TSW38J84 EVM reference design provides a platform to demonstrate a wideband dual transmit solution that incorporates an integrated LO. The reference design utilizes the 2.5 GSPS DAC38J84 device with the high performance modulators: TRF3722 (including integrated PLL/VCO) and TRF3705. The TRF3722 and TRF3705 can be combined to form a dual transmit solution with the TRF3722 generating the local oscillator (LO) for both modulators. The interface between the DAC38J84 and the modulators is discussed as well as measurements showing the combined performance of the DAC and modulators. The measurements illustrate the bandwidth performance, output third order intercept performance, harmonic distortion and sideband suppression performance.
- Complete bits-to-RF dual transmit signal chain solution utilizing the JESD204B interface
- Provides a platform to test 2.4 GSPS DAC38J84 with two high performance modulators
- Output frequency of TRF3722 and TRF3705 is up to 4 GHz
- The solution can support up to 1 GHz of bandwidth
- Dual transmit solution for modern communication, military and test and measurement system