Proximity sensing with wide field-of-view (FoV) is getting more and more popular and important for people detection in many applications. This reference design uses optical time-of-flight (ToF) techniques to build small and cost-effective proximity sensor systems. A single proximity and distance sensor AFE (OPT3101) with three external NIR LEDs, and one photodiode covers a total 120° wide FoV and outputs accurate distance of people activity.
- 3 NIR emitters support up to 3 zones of detection with a single OPT3101
- Total system field-of-view (FoV) of 120° is covered by three LED emitters and one photodiode
- Detection range up to 1.5 meters without lens
- Adaptive HDR allows measurement insensitive to object color and reflectivity and supports operation under high ambient condition (outdoor and indoor conditions)
- Proximity sensing and direct distance measurement output with accuracy of ±10%
- Exempt group lamp classification LED as emitter