SCPS269 September 2017 TIC12400
Figure 88 illustrates an example of a PCB layout with the TIC12400. Some key considerations are:
1. Decouple the VS and VDD pins with capacitor using recommended values from section Power Supply Recommendations , and place them as close to the pin as possible. Make sure that the capacitor voltage rating is sufficient for the VS and VDD supplies.
2. Keep the input lines as short as possible.
3. Use a solid ground plane to help distribute heat and reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise pickup.
4. Do not run sensitive analog traces in parallel with digital traces. Avoid crossing digital and analog traces if possible, and only make perpendicular crossings when necessary
5. To achieve good thermal performance, the exposed thermal pad underneath the device must be soldered to the board and flooded with VIAs to ground planes. For simple double-sided PCBs where there are no internal layers, the surface layers can be used to remove heat. For multilayer PCBs, internal ground plane can be used for heat removal.