Humidity sensor ICs
Accurately measure relative humidity and temperature with industry leading ultra-low power and small-size humidity sensors
Our humidity sensors accurately measure relative humidity and temperature in a single integrated circuit. The combination of sensors makes it ideal for control loops, robust HVAC feedback and controlling environmental conditions for comfort.
- Relative humidity accuracy: 2%
- Temperature accuracy: 0.2°C
The available package options enable compact designs and fast temperature and humidity response times. Our humidity sensors are offered in two small size package options that empower robust designs while saving space.
- WCSP:1.46mm x 1.46mm x 0.24mm
- QFN: 3mm x 3mm x 0.8mm
Managing the power consumption of humidity sensors used in battery operated devices is made easy with programmable auto measurement mode. Reducing current consumption during measurements saves power for more intensive components in a system.
- 1 measurement/second: 0.55µA
- 1 measurement/2 seconds: 0.3µA
- Sleep mode: 0.05µA
Key industrial applications
- Thermostats - HVAC systems are becoming increasingly more complex. The addition of humidity sensors to these systems allow for offices and homes to measure and adjust for a comfortable amount of humidity in the air.
- IP network cameras - Wireless network security cameras can be placed in locations that may cause condensation formation on lenses or environmental covers. With the combination of a humidity and temperature sensor on a single IC, we have a solution that will predict the point at which condensation will occur.
- Cellular module asset tracker - When developing cold chain networks, it is important to understand the enviroment(s) goods will enter before, during and after transit. Monitoring the humidity and temperature validates the environmental quality of perishable goods as they are transported to their final destinations.
Featured humidity sensors
Use our BOOSTXL-BASSENSORS BoosterPack™ plug-in module to add digital sensors to your LaunchPad™ development kit and start developing humidity sensor applications
Humidity sensors are not standard ICs and therefore must not be exposed to particles or volatile chemicals such as solvents or other organic compounds