View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- EMI/EMC Compliant, Industrial Temp, Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet Reference Design (Rev. B)
(PDF 7221 KB)
13 Jul 2017 475 views
This design allows for performance evaluation of two industrial grade DP83867IR Gigabit Ethernet PHYs and Sitara™ host processors with integrated Ethernet MAC and Switch. It was developed to meet industrial requirements for EMI and EMC. The application firmware implements a driver for the PHY, UDP and TCP/IP stack and HTTP web server examples. The host processor is configured to boot the pre-installed firmware from on-board SD-Card. A USB virtual COM port offers optional access to the PHYs registers. A JTAG interface allows for own firmware development.
- EMI- and EMC-compliant design with wide input voltage range (17-60V) using two DP83867IR Gigabit Ethernet PHYs and AM3359 Sitara™ Processor to work in harsh industrial environments
- Exceeds CISPR 11 / EN55011 Class A radiated emission requirement by >4.6dB
- Exceeds IEC61800-3 EMC immunity requirements:
+/-6kV ESD CD per IEC 61000-4-2
+/-4kV EFT per IEC 61000-4-4
+/-2kV Surge per IEC 61000-4-5
- Sitara™ AM3359 firmware, including UDP and TCP/IP stack and HTTP web server examples, boots from on-board SD-Card allowing easy standalone operation
- Access to DP83867IR registers via USB virtual COM port allows for custom specific PHY configurations, like RGMII Delay Mode
- Hardware support for Start-of-Frame Detect allows implement IEEE1588 PTP