View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Total Harmonic Distortion Measurement For Energy Monitoring Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2672 KB)
01 Mar 2016 2,615 views
The TIDM-THDREADING reference design implements power quality analysis in a three-phase energy measurement system. Power quality monitoring and analysis has an increasingly large role in improving the reliability of the electricity grid. The design measures Total Harmonic Distortion(THD), monitors voltage sags and swells, and measures phase-to-phase angles to help determine phase sequence and prevent accidental phase swapping. Four-quadrant energy measurement is supported for net metering systems with bi-directional energy flow.
- THD calculated for voltage and current
- Voltage sag and swell events logged with programmable threshold levels
- Phase-to-phase angle measurement
- Four quadrant energy measurement with Class 0.2 accuracy
- Complete Energy Library with fundamental voltage and current, fundamental active and reactive power, active and reactive energy, Root Mean Square(RMS) current and voltage, power factor, and line frequency