A fully compliant ZigBee 3.0 solution: Z-Stack 3.0
- Supports the CC2592 and CC2590 RF front ends which extend up to +22dBm and +14dBm transmit power, respectively, and provide improved receiver sensitivity
- Z-Stack 3.0 combines multiple previous Zigbee profiles into one unified standard
- Incorporates the unified Zigbee Cluster Library which is at the foundation of dotdot, the universal language for IoT applications defining data objects, models and functionalities for embedded IoT applications
- Implements Zigbee Base Device Behavior specification, which defines a common set of mechanisms for network forming, discovering, and application provisioning to be used by all Zigbee devices
- Based on Zigbee PRO 2015 stack, it provides new and improved security modes, including Install Codes for out-of-band key exchange, and Distributed Security Networks for Coordinator-less network topology
- Supports Green Power Proxy, allowing energy-harvesting and ultra-low power devices to connect seamlessly to a Zigbee network
- Forwards and backwards compatibility with previous Zigbee PRO and application profiles is maintained
Z-Stack is developed and tested using compilers from IAR. IAR versions used in Z-Stack are available to TI customers for 30 days evaluation at the following link: http://www.iar.com/Products/Wireless-solutions/Tools-for-TI-wireless/.
Application, library, and hex files were built/tested with the following versions of IAR tools. We recommend using the same IAR tool version
- EWARM 8.11.1 (220.127.116.1172) for CC2538 Wireless MCU
- EW8051 10.10.1 (10.10.1) for CC2530 and CC2531 Wireless MCU
Please contact your local IAR office for further details on license purchasing.
Texas Instruments is collaborating with Ubilogix to provide an advanced protocol analyzer for IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee. Ubilogix Ubiqua Protocol Analyzer supports TI’s CC2531 USB Dongle which can be ordered as the CC2531EMKkit. The Ubiqua is a full featured analyzer that supports IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee 2007, ZigBee 2007 PRO, ZigBee RF4CE and 6LoWPAN protocols. Ubiqua can import TI's SmartRF Packet Sniffer capture files.
TI recommends using the newest release in order to take advantages of all improvements and new features. Previous Z-Stack releases can be found here .