View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Sub-1 GHz Embedded Sensor to Cloud Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway R
(PDF 4681 KB)
12 Jul 2017 2,175 views
The SimpleLink™ Sub-1 GHz Sensor to Cloud reference design demonstrates how to connect sensors to the cloud over a long-range Sub-1 GHz wireless network, suitable for industrial settings such as building control and asset tracking.
This design provides a complete end-to-end solution for creating a Sub-1 GHz sensor network with an Internet of Things (IoT) gateway solution and cloud connectivity. The gateway solution is based on the low-power, SimpleLink Wi-Fi® CC3220 wireless microcontroller (MCU), which hosts the gateway application and the SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1310 wireless MCU as the MAC-CO Processor. The reference design also includes sensor node example applications running on the SimpleLink dual-band CC1350 wireless MCU. This design pre-integrates the TI 15.4-stack software which is supported as part of the SimpleLink CC13x0 software development kit (SDK) providing a complete Sub-1 GHz star networking solution. How fast can you connect?
- Large network with up to 50 secure nodes to cloud connectivity enabling long range mode, suitable for industrial settings such as building control and asset tracking
- Providing a complete Sub-1 GHz networking solution with built-in frequency hopping for added robustness
- Solution designed to be FCC and ETSI compliant
- Faster time to market with a complete end to end solution based on proven hardware designs with out of the box ready to use demonstration software
- IBM Watson cloud connectivity as well as built in flexibility to connect to multiple cloud providers