The SimpleLink™ CC1352R device is a multiprotocol and multi-band Sub-1 GHz and 2.4-GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) supporting Thread, Zigbee®, Bluetooth® 5.1 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), MIOTY®, proprietary systems, including the TI 15.4-Stack (Sub-1 GHz and 2.4 GHz), and concurrent multiprotocol through a Dynamic Multiprotocol Manager (DMM) driver. The device is optimized for low-power wireless communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, smart meters, medical, wired networking, portable electronics, home theater & entertainment, and connected peripherals markets. The highlighted features of this device include:
- Multi-band device supporting concurrent multiprotocol for both Sub-1 GHz and 2.4 GHz through a DMM driver.
- Wide flexibility of protocol stack support in the SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Maximum transmit power of +14 dBm at Sub-1 GHz with 24.9 mA and +5 dBm at 2.4 GHz with 9.6 mA current consumption.
- Longer battery life wireless applications with low standby current of 0.85 µA and full RAM retention.
- Industrial temperature ready with lowest standby current of 5 µA at 85 ⁰C.
- Advanced sensing with a programmable, autonomous ultra-low power Sensor Controller CPU with fast wake-up capability. As an example, the sensor controller is capable of 1-Hz ADC sampling at 1 µA system current.
- Low SER (Soft Error Rate) FIT (Failure-in-time) for long operation lifetime with no disruption for industrial markets with always-on SRAM parity against corruption due to potential radiation events.
- Dedicated software controlled radio controller (Arm® Cortex®-M0) providing flexible low-power RF transceiver capability to support multiple physical layers and RF standards.
- Excellent radio sensitivity (-121 dBm) and robustness (selectivity and blocking) performance for SimpleLink™ long-range mode.
The CC1352R device is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform, which consists of
Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, Zigbee, Sub-1 GHz MCUs, and host MCUs that all share a common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink™ platform enables you to add any combination of the portfolio’s devices into your design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when your design requirements change. For more information, visit SimpleLink™ MCU platform.