9.3.7 Enable and Disable Charging
The following conditions must be valid before charge is enabled:
- CE is HIGH.
- The device is not in undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and not in VCCLOWV mode.
- The device is not in SLEEP mode.
- The VCC voltage is lower than the AC overvoltage threshold (VCC < VACOV).
- 30-ms delay is complete after initial power up.
- The REGN LDO and VREF LDO voltages are at the correct levels.
- Thermal shut (TSHUT) is not valid.
- TS fault is not detected.
One of the following conditions will stop ongoing charging:
- CE is LOW.
- Adapter is removed, causing the device to enter UVLO, VCCLOWV, or SLEEP mode.
- Adapter is over voltage.
- The REGN or VREF LDO is overloaded.
- TSHUT IC temperature threshold is reached (145°C on rising edge with 15°C hysteresis).
- TS voltage goes out of range, indicating the battery temperature is too hot or too cold.
- TTC safety timer out.