The WLAN features are as follows:
- 802.11 a/b/g/n integrated radio, modem, and MAC supporting WLAN communication as a BSS station, AP, Wi-Fi Direct client and group owner with CCK and OFDM rates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, channels 1 to 13, and 5 GHz U-NII band.
802.11n is supported only in Wi-Fi station, Wi-Fi Direct, and P2P client modes.
- Autocalibrated radio with a single-ended 50-Ω interface enables easy connection to the antenna without requiring expertise in radio circuit design.
- Advanced connection manager with multiple user-configurable profiles stored in serial-flash allows automatic fast connection to an access point without user or host intervention.
- Supports all common Wi-Fi security modes for
personal and enterprise networks with on-chip security accelerators, including:
WEP, WPA/WPA2 PSK, WPA2 Enterprise (802.1x), WPA3 Personal and WPA3
- Smart provisioning options deeply integrated within the module providing a comprehensive end-to-end solution. With elaborate events notification to the host, enabling the application to control the provisioning decision flow. The wide variety of Wi-Fi provisioning methods include:
- Access Point using HTTPS
- SmartConfig Technology: a 1-step, 1-time process to connect a CC3235MODx or CC3235MODAx-enabled module to the home wireless network, removing dependency on the I/O capabilities of the host MCU; thus, it is usable by deeply embedded applications
- 802.11 transceiver mode allows transmitting and receiving of proprietary data through a socket without adding MAC or PHY headers. The 802.11 transceiver mode provides the option to select the working channel, rate, and transmitted power. The receiver mode works with the filtering options.