The F28002x devices provide some
methods to reduce the device current consumption:
- One of the two low-power modes—IDLE or STANDBY—could be entered during idle
periods in the application.
- The flash module may be powered down if the code is run from RAM.
- Disable the pullups on pins that assume an output function.
- Each peripheral has an individual clock-enable bit (PCLKCRx). Reduced
current consumption may be achieved by turning off the clock to any
peripheral that is not used in a given application. Section 22.214.171.124 lists the typical current reduction that may be achieved by disabling the
clocks using the PCLKCRx register.
- To realize the lowest VDDA current consumption in an LPM, see the
Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) chapter of the TMS320F28002x
Real-Time Microcontrollers Technical Reference Manual to ensure each module is
powered down as well.