Features of the DCAN module include:
- Supports CAN protocol version 2.0 part A, B
- Bit rates up to 1 Mbps
- The CAN kernel can be clocked by the oscillator for baud-rate generation.
- 32 and 16 mailboxes on DCAN1 and DCAN2, respectively
- Individual identifier mask for each message object
- Programmable FIFO mode for message objects
- Programmable loop-back modes for self-test operation
- Automatic bus on after Bus-Off state by a programmable 32-bit timer
- Message RAM protected by parity
- Direct access to Message RAM during test mode
- CAN RX / TX pins configurable as general-purpose I/O pins
- Message RAM Auto Initialization
For more information on the DCAN, see the device-specific Technical Reference Manual listed in Section 8.2.1.