The OMAP5910 is a highly integrated hardware and software platform, designed to meet the application
processing needs of next-generation embedded devices.
The OMAP platform enables OEMs and ODMs to quickly bring to market devices featuring rich user
interfaces, high processing performance, and long battery life through the maximum flexibility of a fully
integrated mixed processor solution.
The dual-core architecture provides benefits of both DSP and RISC technologies, incorporating a
TMS320C55x DSP core and a high-performance TI925T ARM core.
The OMAP5910 device is designed to run leading open and embedded RISC-based operating systems, as
well as the Texas Instruments (TI) DSP/BIOS software kernel foundation, and is available in a 289-ball MicroStar BGA package.
The OMAP5910 is targeted at the following applications:
- Applications processing devices
- Mobile communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- GSM (including GPRS and EDGE)
- Proprietary government and other
- Video and image processing (MPEG4, JPEG, Windows® Media Video, etc.)
- Advanced speech applications (text-to-speech, speech recognition)
- Audio processing (MPEG-1 Audio Layer3 [MP3], AMR, WMA, AAC, and other GSM speech codecs)
- Graphics and video acceleration
- Generalized web access
- Data processing (fax, encryption/decryption, authentication, signature verification and watermarking)