This reference design provides a complete 4-channel, 16-bit analog output module design for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). It is designed and fully tested to meet IEC61000-4 EMC and surge requirements for industrial automation systems. The small form-factor design implements four 16-bit digital-to-analog converters with integrated output drivers capable of driving several current and voltage output ranges. Digital data and control lines are galvanically isolated from the PLC host using TI’s high-speed, 4242-volt peak, digital isolator technology. The design also includes an over-current protected, isolated power supply providing all necessary module voltages. With full documentation, test results, design files and necessary firmware, the design makes it easier to evaluate complete signal chain performance and reduces time to market.
- Designed to comply with IEC61000-4 standards for ESD, EFT and Surge
- 4-Channel 16-bit DAC based configurable Analog Outputs
- Voltage Outputs: ± 10V, 0 - 10V, ± 5V, 0 - 5V
- Current Outputs: 0 - 20 mA, 4 - 20 mA, 0 - 24mA
- Voltage Output Accuracy: +/- 0.2% FSR and Current Output Accuracy: +/- 0.2% FSR
- Designed with output filtering, protection circuitry and integrated 15kV ESD protection
- 24VDC powered with onboard isolated power supplies