TI reference design TIDA-00322 is an automotive liquid level and fluid identification measurement system. It is based on the dual-channel TDC1000-Q1 ultrasonic AFE and the real-time microcontroller C2000. This reference design can also be used with the TDC1000 for industrial/consumer applications. This solution supports 4.5-40V system capabilities with reverse battery protection.
For prototyping and signal accessibility for product development, TI recommends using the TDC1000-C2000EVM as the hardware evaluation platform for automotive designs. For industrial or consumer designs, it is recommended to begin evaluation with the TDC1000-TDC7200EVM. This EVM has the ability of using the MSP430 or the TDC7200 as the stop-watch timer; usage of each depends on the time of flight accuracy requirement of the application.
- Dual Channel Analog-front-end for ultrasonic sensing
- High voltage circuit to drive the transducer with 30V to penetrate deeper tanks
- Input voltage range of 6V to 40V with reverse battery protection
- Automotive qualified Bill of Material
- External RTD Measurement to monitor temperature changes that affect the medium's speed of sound
- CAN transceiver for flexibility of adding future CAN stack