This reference design shows a compact implementation of 16 isolated digital input channels using TI's ISO121x devices. The design works without an isolated supply and supports up to 100-kHz input signals (200-kbit) per channel. All 16 channels consume less than 1-W input power combined, which enables a compact layout and results in minimum heat dissipation.
- 16 digital input channels with up to ±60-V input voltage tolerance
- Works with primary supply only, no isolated power supply needed
- Parallel and serial output option
- ±6-kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD performance
- Designed to withstand ±2-kV surge and EFT burst tolerant
- LaunchPad™ header for quick and easy evaluation