UCD3138 Hard Switching Full Bridge Converter Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The Texas Instruments UCD3138HSFBEVM-029 evaluation module (EVM) is a digitally controlled hard switching full bridge converter based on the UCD3138RHA programmable digital power controller. The EVM is a standalone Symmetrical Hard Switching Full-Bridge (HSFB) DC-DC power converter designed for 48V-in systems. The UCD3138HSFBEVM-029 accepts a DC input from 36 to 72Vdc, and outputs a nominal 12Vdc with full output load power 360W, or full output current 30A. The protection features include over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current and over-temperature. Features include input voltage feedforward, pre-biased startup and PMBus communication. The UCD3138HSFBEVM-029 also comes with a USB-TO-GPIO Interface Adapter to download firmware and program the UCD3138 digital power controller in the EVM.
- Digitally controlled and standalone hard switching full-bridge DC-DC power conversion
- Voltage mode control
- Secondary side control
- DC input from 36 to 72Vdc
- 12Vdc regulated output from no-load to full-load
- Full-load power 360W, or full-load current 30A
- High efficiency
- Constant soft start time
- Protection: over voltage, under voltage, over current, and over temperature
- Constant current and constant power
- Input voltage feed forward control
- PMBus communications
- Test points to facilitate device and topology evaluation