View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Audio Communication With Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Design Guide
(PDF 14156 KB)
12 Aug 2016 142 views
This design uses Texas Instrument's high performance TM4C129x microcontrollers (MCUs) with integrated Ethernet PHY to capture, exchange and playback audio efficiently with power supplied over the network (PoE solution) instead of separate external power sources. The application uses TivaWare Graphics Library to implement a user interface with touch control, lwIP for exchange of data over the network and Opus Audio Codec for compressing audio data to improve bandwidth utilization.
- Less than 500 mW power consumption for the microcontroller, LCD and audio sub system with total system provision of up to 7W isolated output from the fly-back converter
- Efficient and royalty-free open-source Opus Audio Codec to reduce network utilization during audio call and software cost due to licensing
- Smart touch LCD panel running TivaWare Graphics Library for graphics rich User interface and experience
- High signal to noise ratio microphone stage to improve audio capture using instrumentation ADC
- PC application software source code and executable for dynamic node configuration over the network