Bluetooth low energy software stack
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
- CC2640/CC2650 Bluetooth low energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 5264 KB)
23 Jun 2016 26,993 views
- CC2540/41 Bluetooth Low Energy Software Developer’s Guide (Rev. G)
(PDF 5148 KB)
04 Sep 2015 20,970 views
Texas Instruments' Bluetooth® low energy BLE-Stack™ 1.4.2 software stack for TI’s CC2540 and CC2541 devices is a full-featured Bluetooth 4.0 stack that includes all necessary software to get started on the development of single-mode Bluetooth Smart applications. The BLE-Stack 1.4.2 is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s C2540/41 Bluetooth low energy system-on-chip (SoC) family and also runs on TI’s first generation SensorTag, CC2541DK-SENSOR and remote control CC2541DK-RC development kits.
BLE-Stack 1.4.2 is a maintenance release and provides most updated and robust Bluetooth 4.0 SW stack for CC2540 and CC2541 devices. It is strongly recommended that all ongoing and new development projects update to BLE-Stack 1.4.2 release. For further details on this update, see the release notes in the BLE-Stack 1.4.2 installation. Additional resources, such as a porting guide and example applications can be found on the TI BLE Wiki.
BLE-stack 1.4.2 includes object code with the latest Bluetooth low energy protocol stack supporting multiple connections, sample projects and applications covering an extensive set of profiles with source code, and BTool, a Windows PC application for testing applications. In addition to the software, the kit contains documentation, including a developer’s guide, sample applications guide, and API guide.
Texas Instruments' Bluetooth® low energy BLE-Stack™ 2.2.0 software development kit (SDK) for TI’s SimpleLink™ Bluetooth Smart CC2640 wireless microcontroller (MCU) and SimpleLink™ multi-standard CC2650 wireless MCU is a full-featured Bluetooth 4.2 certified stack that includes all necessary software and sample applications to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth low energy (BLE) applications.
This release is a major update to the BLE-Stack2.1.1 software release and adds support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features. The BLE-Stack software is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s CC2640 and CC2650 wireless MCUs and also runs on TI’s SimpleLink SensorTag kit (CC2650STK), SimpleLink CC2650 LaunchPad™ development kit (LAUNCHXL-CC2650), SimpleLink CC2650 remote control development kit (CC2650RC) and SmartRF06 development kit.
All code generated from the BLE-Stack 2.2.0 SDK is binary compatible and exchangeable with both the CC2640 and CC2650 wireless MCUs. All TI CC26xx development kits feature the CC2650 wireless MCU, which can be used for development and prototyping of CC2640-based designs. Refer to the release notes for details on how to install and get started developing applications with the BLE-Stack 2.2.0 SDK.
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2.
- Bluetooth low energy simple network processor (SNP) solution with simple API for easily adding connectivity to existing MCU designs. Learn more with the SNP workshop in SimpleLink Academy.
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and beacon configurations.
- Over-the-air (OTA) firmware upgradability via an external flash memory.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave operation and support for up to 8 connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support on the CC2650 remote control kit.
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Broad selection of development and Internet of Things (IoT) prototyping kits, including CC2650 LaunchPad development kit, CC2650 SensorTag kit, CC2650 voice remote control kit and SmartRF06 development kit.
- Wide range of sample applications with certified profiles to reduce time to marke.t
- Bluetooth qualified design listing to reduce certification test time.
- Flexible protocol stack configuration options to maximize application memory.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM® and Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment tool chains.
- Project 0: Getting started demo for the CC2650 LaunchPad development kit using CCS Cloud, TI’s web browser based integrated development environment (IDE).
- Learn Bluetooth low energy basics and custom profile development with SimpleLink Academy, TI’s self-guided learning program with step-by-step guides, theory of operation and interactive quizzes.
- Download and install the SDK and refer to the “Installation and Usage” section of the included release notes to get started with developing a custom Bluetooth low energy application.
TI recommends using the newest release in order to take advantages of all improvements and new features. Previous BLE-Stack releases can be found here.
The SmartRF Packet Sniffer is a free and easy to use tool for analyzing the packets sent over a Bluetooth low energy link. Use the CC2540 USB dongle or a SmartRF05EB + CC2540EM (included in the CC2540DK) to capture the packets. The tool is available here.
Texas Instruments also works with Perytons to provide an advanced protocol analyzer for Bluetooth low energy. The Perytons BLE Protocol Analyzer (Peryton-Smart) supports the TI’s CC2540 USB Dongle which can be ordered as the CC2540EMK-USB kit. Perytons provides protocol analyzers with several views, features and add-ons, providing detailed analysis of Bluetooth low energy sessions. You can also use the Perytons BLE Protocol Analyzer to look at your TI SmartRF Packet Sniffer BLE capture files (.psd) with this online converter.