The IVA supports resolutions up to 1080 p/i with full performance of 60 fps (or 120 fields), achievable for encode or decode only (not for simultaneous encode and decode).
The IVA subsystem is composed of:
- A primary sequencer, including its memories and an imaging controller: ICONT1
- A video direct memory access (VDMA) processor, which can be used as a secondary sequencer: ICONT2
- A VDMA engine: DMA_IVA
- An entropy codec: ECD3
- A motion compensation engine: MC3
- A transform and quantization calculation engine: CALC3
- A loop filter acceleration engine: ILF3
- A motion estimation acceleration engine: IME3
- An intraprediction estimation engine: IPE3
- Shared level 2 (L2) interface and memory
- Local interconnect (L4_IVA)
- A message interface for communication between SYNCBOXes
- A debug module for trace event and software instrumentation: SMSET
For more information, see IVA Subsystem chapter in the device TRM.