The WLAN features are as follows:
- 802.11 b/g/n integrated radio, modem, and MAC supporting WLAN communication as a BSS station, AP, and Wi-Fi Direct client and group owner with CCK and OFDM rates in the 2.4-GHz ISM band, channels 1 to 13.
802.11n is supported only in Wi-Fi station, Wi-Fi direct, and P2P client modes.
- Autocalibrated radio with a single-ended 50-Ω interface enables easy connection to the antenna without requiring expertise in radio circuit design.
- Advanced connection manager with multiple user-configurable profiles stored in a serial Flash allows automatic, fast connection to an access point without user or host intervention.
- Supports all common Wi-Fi security modes for personal and enterprise networks, with on-chip security accelerators, including WEP, WPA/WPA2 PSK, and WPA2 Enterprise (802.1x).
- Smart provisioning options deeply integrated within the device provide a comprehensive end-to-end solution. Elaborate events notification to the host enable the application to control the provisioning decision flow. The wide variety of Wi-Fi provisioning methods include:
- Access Point using HTTPS
- SmartConfig Technology: a 1-step, 1-time process to connect a CC3120MOD-enabled module to the home wireless network, removing dependency on the I/O capabilities of the host MCU; thus, the device is usable by deeply embedded applications.
- 802.11 transceiver mode transmits and receives proprietary data through a socket without adding MAC or PHY headers, and provides the option to select the working channel, rate, and transmitted power. The receiver mode works together with the filtering options.