The WLAN features are as follows:
- 802.11b/g/n integrated radio, modem, and MAC supporting WLAN
communication as a BSS station, AP, Wi-Fi Direct® client and group
owner with CCK and OFDM rates in the 2.4-GHz ISM band, channels 1 to 13.
802.11n is supported only
in Wi-Fi station, Wi-Fi Direct, and P2P client modes.
- Autocalibrated radio with a single-ended 50-Ω interface enables
easy connection to the antenna without requiring expertise in radio circuit
- Advanced connection manager with multiple user-configurable
profiles stored in serial-Flash allows automatic fast connection to an access
point without user or host intervention.
- Supports all common Wi-Fi security modes for personal and
enterprise networks with on-chip security accelerators, including: WEP, WPA/WPA2
PSK, WPA2 Enterprise (802.1x), WPA3 Personal and WPA3 Enterprise.
- Smart provisioning options deeply integrated within the module
providing a comprehensive end-to-end solution. With elaborate events
notification to the host, enabling the application to control the provisioning
decision flow. The wide variety of Wi-Fi provisioning methods include:
- Access Point using HTTPS
- SmartConfig Technology: a 1-step, 1-time process to
connect a CC3220MODx or CC3220MODAx-enabled module to the home wireless
network, removing dependency on the I/O capabilities of the host MCU;
thus, it is usable by deeply embedded applications
- 802.11 transceiver mode allows transmitting and receiving of
proprietary data through a socket without adding MAC or PHY headers. The 802.11
transceiver mode provides the option to select the working channel, rate, and
transmitted power. The receiver mode works with the filtering options.