The DAC2900 is a monolithic, 10-bit, dual-channel, high-speed Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC), and is optimized to provide high dynamic performance while dissipating only 310mW on a +5V single supply.
Operating with high update rates of up to 125MSPS, the DAC2900 offers exceptional dynamic performance, and enables the generation of very-high output frequencies suitable for "Direct IF" applications. The DAC2900 has been optimized for communications applications in which separate I and Q data are processed while maintaining tight gain-and offset matching.
Each DAC has a high-impedance differential-current output, suitable for single-ended or differential analog-output configurations.
The DAC2900 combines high dynamic performance with a high throughput rate to create a cost-effective solution for a wide variety of waveform-synthesis applications:
- Pin compatibility between family members provides 10-bit (DAC2900), 12-bit (DAC2902), and 14-bit (DAC2904) resolution.
- Pin compatible to the AD9763 dual DAC.
- Gain matching is typically 0.5% of full-scale, and offset matching is specified at 0.02% max.
- The DAC2900 utilizes an advanced CMOS process; the segmented architecture minimizes output-glitch energy, and maximizes the dynamic performance.
- All digital inputs are +3.3V and +5V logic compatible. The DAC2900 has an internal reference circuit, and allows use of an external reference.
- The DAC2900 is available in a TQFP-48 package, and is specified over the extended industrial temperature range of 40°C to +85°C.