The LP2986 is a 200-mA high-precision LDO regulator with a wide input voltage supply. The device has two output voltage modes: a fixed-precision output mode and an adjustable output voltage via an external resistive divider.
Using an optimized Vertically Integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2986 delivers superior performance:
- Dropout Voltage: Typically 180 mV at 200-mA load, and 1 mV at 1-mA load.
- GROUND Pin Current: Typically 1 mA at 200-mA load, and 200 μA at 10-mA load.
- Sleep Mode: The LP2986 draws less than 1 μA quiescent current when SHUTDOWN pin is pulled low.
- ERROR Flag: The built-in ERROR flag goes low when the output drops approximately 5% below nominal.
- Precision Output: The standard product versions available can be pin-strapped (using the internal resistive divider) to provide output voltages of 5 V, 3.3 V, or 3 V with ensured accuracy of 0.5% (A grade) and 1% (standard grade) at room temperature.
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.