The LM5143-Q1-EVM2100 high density evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the LM5143-Q1 high performance, dual-channel, automotive synchronous buck DC/DC buck controller. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 3.5 V to 36 V to deliver fixed 5-V and 3.3-V outputs with better than 1% setpoint accuracy and currents up to 7 A per channel. By virtue of the LM5143-Q1's minimum on-time of 65 ns, operation at very low duty cycle is feasible. The LM5143-Q1 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protection of the regulator during fault conditions. These include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation during voltage-sag conditions, programmable soft-start to reduce inrush current, hiccup-mode overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. Open-drain PGOOD indicator and SYNC IN / SYNC OUT features are also provided.
- 3.5-V to 36-V input voltage range
- 5-V and 3.3-V output voltages with 1% setpoint accuracy
- Rated for up to 7 A of load current per channel
- Automotive grade power stage components, including MOSFETs, inductors and capacitors
- 2.1-MHz switching synchronizable up or down with external clock
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with small footprint