This power module generates all voltages to supply a class-D audio amplifier. The main output voltage is 36V and delivers 200W continuously and 840W peak. The first stage is a power-factor corrected Boost. A Flyback converter supplies 12V on primary side as well as 12V@300mA and 3.3V@200mA on secondary side. A hardware switch + remote input let the converter enter in stand-by mode: in this status the 36V output is disabled and 12V, 3.3V are "always on". This way the stand-by power is reduced down to 150mW @ 115Vac and 270mW @ 230Vac. A second digital input switches the main output voltage from 36V to 18V, allowing low current consumption mode in case of the audio amplifier needs less power.
- Low cost PFC + 2-switch forward topology provides 200W average, 840W peak power
- Constant switching frequency: particularly suitable for audio applications
- Simple thermal inteface: two small heat-sinks placed on one side of the board
- Good plug-to-plug efficiency: 84% @ 115Vac, 86% @ 230Vac
- Compact construction: 126mm x 145mm, height 35mm