TI PRU Cape
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The TI PRU Cape is a BeagleBone Black add-on board that allows users get to know TI’s powerful Programmable Real-Time Unit (PRU) core and basic functionality. The PRU is a low-latency microcontroller subsystem integrated in the Sitara AM335x and AM437x family of devices. The PRU core is optimized for deterministic, real-time processing, direct access to I/Os and ultra-low-latency requirements. It includes LEDs and push buttons for GPIO, audio, and a temp sensor. Together the BeagleBone Black and PRUCAPE are an ideal EVM solution to begin PRU development on the Sitara platform.
- Temperature sensor monitoring using 1-wire interface
- LCD Connector for optional character display (not included). Compatible with Newhaven NHD-0208AZ-RN-YBW-33V
- Audio jack connection output
- Dual GPIO push button switch
- Expansion Connector- Connection to BeagleBone / BeagleBone Black
- UART- Hardware UART to PRU Subsystem
- Sensors-Temperature sensor monitoring using 1-wire interface
- LCD- LCD Connector for optional character display (not included). Compatible with Newhaven NHD-0208AZ-RN-YBW-33V
- Audio-Audio jack connection output
- GPIO-Dual GPIO push button switch
- LEDs- Bank of PRU0 & PRU1 LEDs
- Price (USD) Per Unit- $39.00
- Version Date- Oct 2014