The TI Embedded Processor Software Toolkit for Medical Imaging (STK-MED) is a collection of several standard ultrasound
and optical coherence tomography (OCT) algorithms for TI’s C66x™ and C64x+™ architecture. The algorithms showcase how medical imaging functions can leverage the
C66x and C64x+ architecture for efficient performance and low power consumption. The goal of STK-MED is to shorten customer development time of medical imaging systems by providing optimized implementations of commonly used processing blocks. The source code contained in the STK-MED can easily be extended or modified to develop customized and differentiated modules.
The STK-MED contains optimized software for processing blocks commonly found in
ultrasound and OCT medical imaging system. The STK-MED contains a detailed algorithm description
with API documentation, benchmarks and a unit test bench for each software module.
The unit test benches can be run on both C6678 and C6472 EVM target devices.
The STK-MED includes the following optimized modules:
- B-Mode processing for ultrasound
- Doppler Processing functions for 1D Color Flow, 2D Color Flow, Wall Filter and Power Estimator
- RF demodulation and decimation for ultrasound
- Scan Conversion for ultrasound
- Cubic Spline Interpolation for OCT
- FFT and IFFT for OCT
- Magnitude Computation for OCT
- Log Computation for OCT
- Optimized math utilities including affine wrap