C2000™ 32-bit microcontrollers
Optimized for processing, sensing, and actuation to improve closed loop performance
C2000 real-time controllers are a portfolio of high-performance microcontrollers that are purpose-built to control power electronics and provide advanced digital signal processing in industrial and automotive applications. In over 20 years at the forefront of the analog to digital control revolution, C2000 MCUs have evolved to provide precision sensing, powerful processing, and premium actuation to enable engineers to create the world’s most efficient power control systems.
Getting to know C2000 real-time control MCUs
Sense feedback, process the response and actuate control systems with minimal latency
C2000 real-time control MCUs use a proprietary 32-bit core - the C28x CPU - offering single-cycle operations and up to 300 MIPS coupled with a highly-optimized peripheral and interrupt management bus. With powerful, integrated peripherals, these real-time, single-chip control solutions are designed for a variety of control applications.
More performance per MHz and unique acceleration let you do more than the average MCU
The C28x math-optimized core gives designers the flexibility to improve system efficiency and system reliability. As a cross between a microcontroller and a digital signal processor, C2000 real-time controllers bring the code density and execution speed of a DSP with the ease of use and accessibility of a microcontroller.
When combined with the high performance C28x CPU core, fast and efficient processing power required for complex real-time control systems can be realized. There are four available integrated on-chip hardware accelerators that dramatically increase the performance of the C2000 MCU:
- Floating-point accelerator
- Complex math and CRC unit (VCU) accelerator
- Trigonometric math unit (TMU) accelerator
- Control law accelerator (CLA)
Embedded real-time controllers need purpose-built peripherals to deliver integrated system-on-chip solutions for the most demanding closed-loop control systems. Sensing peripherals with the proper speed, accuracy, and resolution that coordinate with actuation (timing) peripherals - which apply the processed calculation to the control system – are required, along with industry standard communication peripherals to implement connected and intelligent applications.
Operate efficiently, increase performance, and implement advanced control techniques.
- Micro-edge positioning technology creates precise PWM waveforms to increase system performance
- Technology-packed PWM modules support advanced timing and generation techniques to control complex power stages
- PWM trip logic provides reactive and asynchronous system protection with included high-performance analog sensing circuitry
- High-resolution PWM duty cycle
- High-resolution PWM period
- High-resolution PWM phase control
- High-resolution PWM dead-band
- Advanced time synchronization between PWMs
- Advanced inter-PWM and ADC synchronization
- Variety of timer count modes
- Customizable triggering
- External DACs for reference bias waveform generation
- Directly trip PWMs without CPU intervention, nor clocking
- Supports PWM shutdown or cycle-by-cycle PWM modification
- Peak current mode control support
Premium integrated analog
The C2000 platform offers a variety of analog peripherals, such as ADC, DAC, programmable gain amplifiers, comparators, sigma-delta filters, and high-resolution capture for the purpose of increasing fidelity of control system inputs while reducing system costs.
- Up to 12.5 mega-samples-per-second (MSPS) conversion rates
- 12-bit to 16-bit sampling resolutions
- Sigma-delta filter modules for isolated current sensing or resolver position decoding
- PGAs for easy signal conditioning
- Comparator tied directly to PWM for asynchronous PWM trip
- High speed, 30ns comparator outputs
- High-resolution digital signal capture with precise 150ps resolution
- High-performance motor speed and position interfacing
C2000 real-time control MCUs come with a variety of connectivity options to keep applications in sync with serial interfaces including I2C, SPI, UART and McBSP, protocols such as CAN and LIN and standards such as USB and FSI,
Expansive product portfolio built for real-time control
Piccolo and Delfino MCU families address wide-ranging real-time control applications to sense feedback, process a control response, and actuate the system with minimal latency.
- Price points from entry to top performance
- Application-tuned feature-sets
- Integrated flash memory sizes from 16 KB to 1 MB
- Temperature ranges from –40°C to 125°C and AEC-Q100 qualification
- Security enablers including software IP protection and debug security
- Wide-array of package options
C2000 functional safety
Optimized for processing, sensing and actuation to improve closed loop performance for functional safety compliant systems
C2000 SafeTI™ MCUs are designed using a rigorous hardware development process and are equipped with built-in safety mechanisms to help detect and prevent or at a minimum detect and reduce the impact of dangerous failures resulting from systematic faults or random hardware faults.
Automotive and Industrial SafeTI products developed using an ISO 26262/IEC 61508 compliant HW development process that is independently assessed & certified to meet ASIL D/SIL 3 systematic capability
Detect and prevent random hardware faults
Take advantage of our customizable FMEDA and over 300 safety mechanisms described in our functional safety manuals to meet applicable random HW capability at a component level
Streamline your system safety certification & expedite time to market by leveraging our safety documentation, Safety Diagnostics Library, Compiler Qualification Kits and third party tools
C2000 SafeTI automotive & industrial products
Developed following the enhanced rigor of TI's functional safety-compliant (TUV SUD certified) hardware development process. These products are targeted towards automotive and industrial applications which require compliance to the ISO 26262-2,5 and IEC 61508-1,2 standards respectively
C2000 SafeTI quality managed products
Developed in compliance with TI’s ISO-9001/IATF-16949 compliant hardware development process that features many elements necessary to manage and mitigate systematic faults. Nominally, these products support compliance to the IEC 60730-1, UL 1998 and IEC 60335-1 standards, and are mainly targeted towards white goods, household goods and appliances. Additionally, the documentation and reports for these products can be used to assist with compliance to a wide-range of standards for your end applications including automotive and industrial systems (e.g ISO 26262-4, IEC 61508-2).
|Product||Developed according to QRAS AP00210 process for Systematic Capability||Component level Random Hardware Capability|
|TMS320F2837xD||ASIL B/SIL 2 (in progress)|
|TMS320F2837xS||ASIL B/SIL 2 (in progress)|
|TMS320F2807x||ASIL B/SIL 2 (in progress)|
|TMS320F28004x||In progress||ASIL B/SIL 2 (in progress)|