A broad portfolio of processors, industry-proven software and audio-based TI Designs
A scalable platform to add voice UI and control to your systems
- Beam forming
- Spectral noise reduction
- Far-field audio
- Multi-microphone processing
Differentiated AVR and soundbar solutions
- Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™ and other audio formats
- Easy to use framework
- Single-chip to multi-chip solutions
Efficient, DSP-based implementation for exceptional performance
- Scalable family of single to multicore processors
- Signal processing libraries
- Optimized SoC for automotive audio amplifier
- Easy-to-use audio benchmark demos
DSPs for voice UI, control and audio and speech processing
TI has developed a flexible platform for voice processing on DSPs which work with multiple microphone configurations to help enable voice recognition in voice assistant applications. Field hardened algorithms for beamforming, noise reduction, dynamic range control and more are available in working project examples for evaluation and development. The software application is built on TI’s Processor SDK, allowing product choice and easy migration among TI’s processor portfolio.
TI’s audio pre-processing systems designs allow for easy evaluation and development of a DSP based application for far-field voice processing. Using field hardened, TI developed algorithms for beam-forming, noise reduction and other technologies, these designs show reference examples using different microphone array combinations to acquire the voice signal. The reference design also includes GUI based tools for calculating filter coefficients and easily configuring the input parameters to the DSP based on the microphone count and array geometry used. Learn more in the User’s Guides that come with the TI Designs.
- Audio pre-processing system with ultra low-power DSP and 4 mic linear array
- Audio pre-processing system with DSP+ARM SoC and 8 mic circular array
- Audio pre-processing system with floating-point DSP and 8 mic circular array
- 4 microphone linear array board
- 8 microphone circular array board
- Embedded speech recognition on low-power DSP
- Voice Triggering with Cloud Connection to IBM Watson
Processors for AVRs and soundbars
DSP and DSP+ARM® processors for audio video receiver (AVR) and sound bar products. TI provides certified Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ software, easy to use software and plenty of processing capability for product differentiation.
Processors ideal for pro audio and automotive audio amplifiers
TI offers DSP and DSP+ARM® processors for a broad range of pro audio solutions from wireless microphones to multi-channel audio mixers as well as optimized processor SOC architecture for automotive audio amplifiers.
Pro audio selection guide
Pro audio benchmark starter kit
The audio benchmark starter kit provides a quick and easy way to benchmark key audio functions on TI’s DSP devices. This starter kit is intended to help all users, especially those new to the TI DSP development environment, with the following:
- Become familiar with benchmarking functions on TI DSPs.
- Understand compiler options and code/data memory placement that allows developers to obtain optimal performance on TI’s DSP Architectures.
- Utilize signal processing functions from TI’s signal processing libraries, which contains several kernels optimized for TI DSP architectures.
- Read the full application note or view the training video.
The following table shows the functions benchmarked along with the results obtained:
|Processor core||C66x DSP Core|
|Hardware platform used||66AK2G12 EVM|
|Devices featuring benchmarked core||C66x DSPs|
|Function benchmarked||C66x execution time||Associated TI library|
|C66x cycles||C66x μS @ 600 MHz|
|Single Precision FFT (256 samples)||1808||3.01||DSPLIB|
|Single Precision FFT (1K samples)||8663||14.44||DSPLIB|
|Single Precision FIR (128 samples, 16 coefficients)||2652||4.42||DSPLIB|
|Single Precision IIR||8258||13.76||DSPLIB|
Audio benchmarks starter kit
The audio benchmarks starter kit is part of the processor SDK RTOS release.