An industry leader in display and advanced light control solutions
Browse by category
Why choose TI DLP® products?
Amazing image quality
DLP technology enables vivid, crisp image quality for traditional and emerging display applications.
Display on virtually any surface
Warping can be used to geometrically compensate for irregular-shaped display surfaces.
Our products are backed by DLP technology that is trusted by innovators in a diverse range of industrial and automotive end products.
We offer ample support resources such as online references designs, evaluation modules, software and E2E community support to ease your design process.
Understanding DLP technology
How does DLP technology work?
DLP technology is centered around the digital micromirror device (DMD), which is an array of individually addressable, highly reflective aluminum micromirrors. The DMD allows developers to perform high speed, efficient, and reliable spatial light modulation. Using TI's proven semiconductor manufacturing capabilities, each DMD contains up to 8 million individually controlled micromirrors built on top of an associated CMOS memory cell.
The DMD is paired with visible LED, laser, or lamp illumination for display and can also support UV or IR wavelengths for light control applications. The illumination source and micromirrors are synchronized to achieve the projected output.
Unmatched experience and collaboration
- Provides vivid, crisp image quality to traditional and emerging display applications
- Trusted by innovators in a diverse range of industrial and automotive end products
- DLP technology Academy Award® winning* DLP Cinema® technology is by far the most compelling choice in projection, powering more than eight out of 10 digital movie screens worldwide
- Powerful, flexible chipsets provide customers high speed and precise control of millions of mirrors with pixel data rates up to 60 Gbps
* 2014 Academy Award® of Merit (Oscar® statuette) to Larry Hornbeck for the invention of the digital micromirror technology as used in DLP Cinema projection.
DLP chipsets typically include a DMD, a controller and a power management integrated circuit (PMIC) driver to enable maximum pattern rates and excellent image quality. These are designed using TI's extensive knowledge about how to reliably drive the micromirrors across a wide range of operating conditions. The chipset can also synchronize with external sensors, cameras, motors, or other devices.
The DLP chipset includes:
- DMD – Digital micromirror device
- DMD Controller – provides the convenient interface for reliable, high speed control of the micromirrors
- DMD Micromirror Drivers – deliver analog clocking and reset signals
- Configuration PROM – configures select DMD Controllers (sold as a programmed IC or offered as downloadable firmware)
Design & development resources
DLP® Products third-party search tools
To best meet your design needs and accelerate your time-to-market, DLP® Products works with a variety of third parties to help with everything from optical modules and hardware design to specialty software and other production services. Download one or both search tools listed below to quickly (...)
DLP® LightCrafter™ Display 2000 Evaluation Module
The DLP® LightCrafter Display 2000 Evaluation Module (EVM) is the most affordable, compact, plug-and-play DLP display EVM for many ultra-mobile, ultra-portable display applications like mobile projectors, smart home displays, AR glasses, appliances, and robotics. This EVM features the DLP2000 (nHD) (...)
DLP650TE evaluation module for 4K UHD digital micromirror device (DMD)
The DLP® products DLP650TEEVM, when combined with the DLPC7540EVM, can accelerate the prototyping time of a DLP 0.65-inch 4K UHD system. The DLP650TEEVM provides a solution for evaluating the 0.65-inch 4K UHD digital micromirror device (DMD), which is designed to pair with the DLPC7540EVM and can (...)