Clocks & timing
Optimize system-level performance with our clocks and timing devices
Browse by category
Design & development resources
Clock tree architect programming software
Clock tree architect is a clock tree synthesis tool that streamlines your design process by generating clock tree solutions based on your system requirements. The tool pulls data from an extensive database of clocking products to generate a system-level multi-chip clocking solution.
Texas Instruments Clocks and Synthesizers (TICS) Pro Software
Texas Instruments clocks and synthesizers (TICS) pro software is used to program the evaluation modules (EVMs) for product numbers with these prefixes: CDC, LMK and LMX. These products include phase-locked loops and voltage-controlled oscillators (PLL+VCO), synthesizers and clocking devices.
Texas Instruments PLLatinum Simulator Tool
PLLATINUMSIM-SW is a simulation tool that allows users to create detailed designs and simulations of our PLLatinum™ integrated circuits, which include the LMX series of phase-locked loops (PLLs) and synthesizers.
Make complex designs easy with TI clocks
Network synchronizers with BAW VCO for wireless communications and Ethernet-based networking
- Targeted for ethernet based and wireless networking. 56G/112G/224G PAM-4 SerDes for ethernet-based networking, 4G/5G macro, AAS, RRU, BBU core modules & small cell wireless communications.
- Industry leading timing accuracies. Use an Ethernet physical layer reference, GPS or other stable reference to provide ultra-low jitter clocks with precise time- and phase-aligned frequency outputs compliant with Synchronous Ethernet standards, with better than Class-D (<5 ns) timing accuracy.
Featured products for PTP
Clocking solutions that enable synchronized interfacing between data converters and FPGAs
- Generate phase synchronous clocks. Our devices include features such as system reference (SYSREF) generation, phase sync, output clock-phase adjustment, input-to-output zero-delay modes and SYSREF widowing to enable precise timing between gigahertz clocks and SYSREFs.
- Ultra-low noise. Our PLLs, equipped with multi-core VCOs, external VCO support and external phase-detector support, help meet the most stringent phase-noise requirements.
How to Phase Synchronize Multiple LMX2820 Devices
LMX1204 Multiplier Clock Distribution Drives Large Phased-Array Systems
PCIe clocks and timing: generations 1 to 6
Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) applications have expanded far beyond the original PC market to include data centers, vehicles and communication networks. Our PCIe products provide basic functions such as clock-generator functionality, zero-delay and fanout buffers, and clock multiplexing functionality.
- Efficient. Clock generators have a flexible supply rail that supports both 1.8- and 3.3-V core and output supply voltages, with a typical power consumption of 0.5 W.
- Precise. Clock buffers offer glitch-free control logic and contain fail-safe inputs while running longer traces in common clock architectures with low propagation delay and tightly controlled output-to-output skew of the Intel DB2000QL clock device.