Browse by category
Why choose our clocks & timing portfolio?
Our clocking products utilize integrated BAW resonator technology, advanced CMOS and SiGe processes, all manufactured at TI factories.
BAW technology enables high resiliency to harsh environmental conditions such as mechnical shock and vibration and achieves 100x better MTBF compared to quartz based solutions.
Our clocking portfolio offers multisource and high performance solutions for enterprise, telecom, broad industrial, test and measurement, defense and aerospace leveraging 60+ years of space expertise.
Simplify your design process using our Clock Tree Architect, PLLatinum Simulator, and TICS Pro tools to select, simulate performance, and program our clocking products.
Clocking application standard trends
Network synchronizers with BAW VCO for wireless and Ethernet-based networking applications
Featured products for PTP
Clocking solutions that enable synchronized interfacing between data converters and FPGAs
PCIe clocks and timing: generations 1 to 6
Featured products for PCIe applications
Discover featured applications
Improve signal integrity and reduce total solution cost for next-generation 112-G and 224-G PAM4 SerDes clocking with ultra-low jitter clocks enabled by TI's BAW technology
TI's bulk acoustic wave (BAW) technology and broad clocking portfolio with excellent jitter performance enable TI to stand out as a leading clocks supplier.
- Ultra-low jitter (42-fs) clocks for 112G and 224G PAM-4 SerDes.
- Low-frequency XO, TCXO or OCXO, the elimination of an external low-dropout regulator requirement and an exceptional power-supply rejection ratio reduce total solution costs.
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) synchronous Ethernet solution. Best-in-class jitter along with Class-D timing-accurate PTP software meets G8275.1 and G.8275.2 compliance.
Bulk acoustic wave-based network synchronizers, radio-frequency synthesizers and clock distribution have made TI clocking solutions popular in 4G and 5G networks, paving the way to 6G designs
Our network synchronizer's hitless switching and holdover performance help you design reliable systems, while our ultra-low-jitter clocks simplify 5G designs.
- Integrated LDOs provide a <–75-dBc power-supply rejection ratio on supply rails.
- DC coupling and easy interface with analog front ends, with JEDEC JESD204B and JESD204C support.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol software provides full timing support; 1-PPS signal deviation <±5 ns; and partial timing support less than ±1 µs, with packet delay variations in excess of 230 µs.
Maximize system reliability and performance in enterprise systems using multisource, high-performance Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) Gen 1 through Gen 6 and Ethernet clocking devices
Our PCIe and Ethernet clocking portfolio includes bulk acoustic wave oscillators, fanout buffers, clock multiplexers and referenceless clock generators.
- Ultra-low jitter helps PCIe Gen 1 to Gen 6 compliance with greater noise margin.
- Low propagation delay enables multiple PCIe buffer cascading.
- Integrated LDO and a high peak signal-to-noise ratio simplify power-filtering circuits.
- Programmable output formats including low-power high speed current steering logic, low-voltage differential signaling, and 1.2- to 3.3-V low-voltage complementary metal-oxide semiconductor.
Meet precise synchronization requirements and deliver low-noise systems using our clocking and radio-frequency synthesizer solutions
Our clocking products and radio-frequency phase-locked loops (PLLs) enable ultra-low-noise performance and synchronization features.
- High-performance PLLs, an external voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) mode and an external phase detector input mode help meet stringent noise requirements.
- Multicore VCOs and calibration algorithms enable wideband coverage and fast frequency hopping.
- Phase synchronization and adjustability and input windowing features simplify multigigahertz clock synchronization in Joint Electron Device Engineering Council JESD204B and JESD204C systems.
Perform in the harshest radiation environments using TI's radiation-tolerant and radiation-hardened clocking and RF synthesizer solutions
Our high-performance and feature-rich clocking products help you deliver high bandwidth, with wide radio-frequency (RF) coverage in harsh radiation environments.
- Highly integrated monolithic clock generators and RF synthesizers help reduce size, weight and power in spaceborne applications.
- Design practices and process characteristics enable consistent, predictable behavior in harsh radiation environments.
- Access to detailed radiation reports covering various device modes along with 60 years of expertise in space products helps reduce time to launch.
Unlock new levels of performance, speed and precision in your test equipment by choosing TI's clocking and RF synthesizer solutions
Our clocking products and radio-frequency (RF) phase-locked loops seamlessly reduce noise and design complexity, enabling applications from precision semiconductor and wireless communications testers to lab instruments.
- RF synthesizers equipped with calibration algorithms enable wideband frequency coverage and fast frequency hopping.
- Feature-rich products simplify phase synchronization for multichannel gigahertz sampling systems.
- Ultra-low-jitter clock buffers and clock generators enable high-speed interfaces from Peripheral Component Interconnect Express to Ethernet.