SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® solutions
Optimized for the IoT with low power and advanced security features
Easily connect to the cloud with TI’s CERTIFIED® single-chip, Arm® Cortex®- M4 wireless MCUs (SoCs) and network processors. This all-in-one portfolio of devices enables a new world of connected applications that demand low-power consumption with the added flexibility of cloud integration and advanced security features
Industry’s first Arm Cortex-M4, dual-core wireless microcontroller (system on chip).
- Application dedicated 256 KB RAM
- 1 MB application-dedicated flash available
- Enhanced security capabilities
- Optimized for low power
- Easy to design QFN package
Low-power network processor that handles all Wi-Fi and internet connection networking.
- Easily connect and control with MCU of choice
- Embedded TCP/IP and SSL/TLS stacks
- Built-in HTTP server and Crypto Engine
Accelerate design cycles with certified wireless MCU and network processor modules.
- FCC, IC, TELEC, SRRC and RED (CE) certified
- Pin-to-pin compatible single chip
- Enhanced security features
- Available with or without antenna
Comprehensive end-to-end security
SimpleLink Wi-Fi devices offer a wide range of built-in security features, without any processing burden on the main MCU, allowing you to create highly secure wireless and cloud connected applications.
The security features span a wide variety of activities typical throughout the product life cycle, including networking activities, data storage, IP protection, cloning protection, and provisions for security during production. These integrated security features are made available through an ecosystem that incorporates simple and concise APIs, tools, and documentation.
- File encryption
- File authentication
- Access control
- SW tamper detection
Protect software IP
- Clone protection
- Secured programming
- Secure file system
- Secure boot
Over the air update
- Secure content delivery
- Certificate catalog store
- Bundle protection
- Reset to factory default
- Hardware device identity
- Secure sockets
- Domain name verification
- TI root of trust public key
Smart low-power Wi-Fi devices for the IoT
- Power-optimizing network learning algorithm
- 2-AA batteries that can last multiple years
Switchable power profiles
- Wake up host from network activity
- 135 µA low power deep sleep (LPDS) mode while maintaining connection
- Set the desired sleep time between beacons using the LSI policy
- Wake up network processor from host when ready to transmit data
- 4.5 µA hibernate mode
- Conserve more power by disconnecting from the server and entering hibernate mode in between transactions
- Wake up to send customized packets periodically without connecting to AP
- 4.5 µA - Hibernate mode or 1 uA shutdown mode
- Fast sequence of wake up, transmit and re-hibernate
Simple development with Wi-Fi ICs
Ramp to production in 6 months with pin-to-pin compatible devices, leveraging the innovative SimpleLink MCU Platform.
- Proven interoperability with more than 200 access points
- FCC, IC, TELEC, SRRC and CE certified modules
- Common core SDK with 100% code portability across the SimpleLink devices
- Code examples
- Reference designs
Featured Wi-Fi applications
Low power smart thermostat with sensors to enable secure remote monitoring and cloud connectivity.
Create and manage electronic key access at any time, anywhere with fast connection to the cloud.