This reference design provides a solution for a battery-operated wireless camera by combining industry-leading image processing, connectivity, sensor and power. High-efficiency power converters along with optimized system architecture help to increase battery life. The image
processor with a Wi-Fi® connectivity device enables secure high-quality live video streaming and two-way audio streaming with noise reduction and echo cancellation. The design includes infrared (IR) LED and IR cut filters to enable night vision capability.
- Full camera reference design to reduce new product development cycle
- Integrates ambient light sensing, IR LED driver, and motorized IR cut filter for day and night vision
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi connectivity over 802.11 A, B, G and N networks from any smart phone, tablet, or computer over local network, concurrent multiprotocol for both sub-1 GHz and 2.4 GHz
- Power tree to support either USB or battery; low-power architecture using efficient DC/DC converters for longer battery life
- Multiple options for camera wakeup: PIR, sub-1 GHz, or doorbell
- Wi-Fi devices complement low-power architecture: at least 50% lower current consumption during beacon and at least 30% lower current consumption during video streaming