Power the future with smart, reliable solar energy systems using industry- leading power, real-time control, sensing and communications solutions
Search all applications
No search results found. Try again or browse all application markets & sectors.
Why choose TI for your solar energy design?
Achieve highest power density & efficiency
Deliver end-to-end power conversion with advanced real-time control, integrated GaN technology and isolated ICs.
Design for high reliability & performance
Maintain system stability and simplicity with high-precision current and voltage sensing.
Enable fast, flexible communication
Easily connect via the most common grid and user standards and protocols.
Engineering a smarter, more reliable solar application
- Improve power density with our portfolio of GaN FETs, GaN- and SiC-supported gate drivers and bias supplies, and advanced real-time control MCUs.
- Scalable power conversion stage components addressing the power levels from the smallest micro-inverters to hundred-kW central inverters.
- Reference designs with hardware and software for common power topologies.
The Essential Guide for Developing With C2000 Real-Time Microcontrollers (Rev. F)
Comparative Analysis of Two Different Methods for Gate-Drive Current Boosting (Rev. A)
Stay ahead of the energy storage and solar game with bidirectional PFC and hybrid inverter solutions
Featured products for high-voltage power conversion
- Fast and accurate current sensors to meet control loop, arc detection and insulation monitoring current sensing.
- Space-saving and cost-efficient solutions for isolated and non-isolated current and voltage measurement.
- Easy-to-deploy devices with examples from reference designs, application notes and software.
Understanding isolation terminology and relevance
Comparing isolated amplifiers and isolated modulators (Rev. A)
Isolated, Shunt-Based Current Sensing Reference Design
Featured products for current and voltage sensing
- Industrial-grade microcontrollers, processors and connectivity devices designed to meet 25-year lifetime requirements.
- Support for standard grid and home automation protocols, such as Wi-Sun and Matter, to ease grid integration and connect to EV chargers and storage.
- Scalable solutions across processing, communication and security requirements.
Featured products for Edge processing and connectivity
Design & development resources
10-kW, bidirectional three-phase three-level (T-type) inverter and PFC reference design
11-kW, bidirectional, three-phase ANPC based on GaN reference design
This reference design provides a design template for implementing a three-level, three-phase, gallium nitride (GaN) based ANPC inverter power stage. The use of fast switching power devices makes it possible to switch at a higher frequency of 100 kHz, reducing the size of magnetics for the filter (...)
Analog front end for arc detection in photovoltaic applications reference design
This reference design implements a four-channel analog front end for DC arc detection in photovoltaic systems, supports DC voltages up tp 1000 V and currents up to 10 A. Arcing is detected by analyzing the AC noise present on the DC current between the solar panels and inverter. The signal is (...)
Analog and embedded processing products are enabling electrification through smarter, reliable and more accessible solar, energy storage and electric-vehicle charging systems.