This application is for a low power system that has varying loads from less than 10 mA up to 300 mA. It must work with a valid adaptor or USB power input. Below are some of the key components that are needed in normal operation. For this example, the fast charge current is 50 mA, input current limit is 400 mA and the pre-charge and termination current is 10% of the fast charge current.
- Supply voltage = 3.4 V to 20 V
- Fast charge current is default to 10 mA with ISET pin shorted to ground. To program the fast charge current, connect an external resistor from ISET to ground.
- Input current limit is default to 100 mA with ILIM pin shorted to ground. To program the input current limit, connect an external resistor from ILIM to ground.
- Termination current threshold is default to 2 mA with IPRETERM pin shorted to ground. To program the input current limit, connect an external resistor from IPRETERM to ground.
- A 2.2-µH inductor is needed between SW pin and SYS pin for PWM output.
- TS- Battery temperature sense needs a NTC connected on TS pin.