12.1.3 General Guidelines
The EVM layout is optimized for low noise and EMC performance.
The TAS6424M-Q1 has an exposed thermal pad that is up, away from the PCB. The layout must consider an external heat sink.
Refer to Figure 85 for the following guidelines:
- A ground plane, A, on the same side as the device pins helps reduce EMI by providing a very-low loop impedance for the high-frequency switching current.
- The decoupling capacitors on PVDD, B, are very close to the device with the ground return close to the ground pins.
- The ground connections for the capacitors in the LC filter, C, have a direct path back to the device and also the ground return for each channel is the shared. This direct path allows for improved common mode EMI rejection.
- The traces from the output pins to the inductors, D, should have the shortest trace possible to allow for the smallest loop of large switching currents.
- Heat-sink mounting screws, E, should be close to the device to keep the loop short from the package to ground.
- Many vias, F, stitching together the ground planes can create a shield to isolate the amplifier and power supply.