ADS7945 Performance Demonstration Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- ADS794xEVM and ADS794xEVM-PDK User Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 1876 KB)
07 Sep 2017
The ADS794xEVM-PDK is designed to evaluate the ADS7945 and ADS7946 analog-to-digital converters. These converters are 14-bit dual-channel differential SAR converters with a maximum throughput rate of 2MSPS. The ADS7945 offers fully-differential input voltages while the ADS7946’s pseudo differential inputs offer singled-ended input voltages with common-mode noise cancelling capabilities. The EVM includes input drivers that allow the selection between bipolar and unipolar input voltages. A low noise reference is provided on-board as well as the option to use an external reference. The EVM gives access to every pin of the converter making it easy to connect to any host microprocessor or TI DSP based system.
- 5V, 3.3V, or 1.8V logic compatible with 16-bit 40Mhz SPI Interface
- Simple channel selection with a single 16-bit word command
- Serial interface header for easy connection to TI DSP based communication systems
- Compatible with the TI Modular EVM System
- Voltage reference options: on-board REF5040 (4.096V) reference or external reference
- Voltage reference buffering using OPA350
- On-board OPA836 (200MHz BW / 1mA quiescent current) ADC input drivers
- Jumper selectable bipolar ( -Vref/2 to +Vref/2 ) or unipolar ( 0V to Vref ) input range with 5V supply