Amazon Sidewalk is a shared network that helps products like Amazon Echo devices, Ring security, outdoor lights and motion sensors work better at home and beyond the front door. When enabled, Sidewalk can unlock unique benefits for your end-product, support other Sidewalk devices in the community and even open the door to new innovations like locating items connected to Sidewalk.
The TI Amazon Sidewalk toolkit provides all you need to start developing Amazon Sidewalk-enabled devices. The toolkit includes the TI tools necessary for the development (hardware, software and documentation) as well as a direct link to Amazon developer site.
TI’s SimpleLink™ CC26x2 and CC13x2 devices support the following Sidewalk protocols:
- Bluetooth® Low Energy
TI SimpleLink devices and platform benefits:
The CC1312R, CC1352R and CC1352P are part of the SimpleLink™ microcontroller (MCU) platform which consists of Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® Low Energy, Sub-1 GHz, Thread, Zigbee®, 802.15.4 and host MCUs, which all share a common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink platform enables you to add any combination of the portfolio’s devices into your design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when your design requirements change. The TI LaunchPad™ development kits for the CC1312R, CC1352R and CC1352P support programming and debugging from Code Composer Studio™ and IAR Embedded Workbench® integrated development environments (IDEs).
- Broad band antenna support for Sub-1 GHz (868 MHz / 915 MHz / 433 MHz) and 2.4 GHz frequency bands
- On-board emulator gets you started with instant code development
- All IOs accessible on pin headers compatible with the LaunchPad/BoosterPack ecosystem
TI and Sidewalk benefits
- Network benefits:
- Lower cost of development and deployment (no need of new gateway)
- Immunity to interference on the Sub-1 GHz band
- Software stack ready to use
- Leverages Amazon’s existing infrastructure
- Frustration-free commissioning with Bluetooth Low Energy
- Amazon Sidewalk parameters:
- Frequency: 915 MHz
- PHY throughput:
- FSK – 50 kbps
- Bluetooth Low Energy – 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 kbps and 125 kbps
- Network type: Star
- Frequency hopping: Yes
- Network size: Varies
- Home security & safety use case
- Multiple levels of security and encryption - Amazon Sidewalk white paper
- Low power standby current of 0.85uA (RTC ON, 80KB RAM and CPU retention) - (multi-year operation on AA)
- Home comfort use case
- Easy to use (commissioning, controlling, opt in/out)
- Low power standby current of 0.85uA (RTC ON, 80KB RAM and CPU retention) - (multiyear operation on AA)
- Low latency (est. below 500ms)
- Home outdoors use case
- FSK long range connection
- For battery powered devices, low power performance (multi-year operation on AA)
Step 1: To start your development, order the TI LaunchPad™ development kit and one LaunchPad SensorTag kit (LPSTK-CC1352R) listed below.
Step 2: Download the SimpleLink SDK to get familiar with TI SoCs and software until the Amazon Sidewalk SDK is available.
Step 3: Register to access the Amazon Sidewalk SDK when it becomes available here
Step 4: Register on the Amazon developer site and follow the instructions there